MINT GREEN POLKA DOT DRESS


Often I think I was born in the wrong decade. I should have been about in the 1940s and the 1950s because they're my favourite decades. Maybe technology wasn't as advanced as it is today, and gender stereotypes were still strong and reinforced by society; but at the same time, I think I would have been happy to be a housewife and just look after my husband and children. I'm extremely maternal, and I'm always looking after everyone anyway, so I guess I would have taken it all in my stride. The one thing I love the most about those decades though, is the fashion. The clothes were so elegant and stylish. The reason I mention this, is because these photos look (to me), rather reminiscent of the 1940s era. It's not a full on 1940s look, but there is something about this outfit and the location that takes me to that time.  

A menudo pienso que he nacido en la decada equivocada. He debido de haber estado rondado la tierra en los años 1940s o 1950s, porque son mis decadas favoritas. Quizás la teconologia no estaba tan avanzada como lo está ahora, y los roles de género estereotipicales seguian siendo fuertes y estaban reforazdos por la sociedad; pero al mismo tiempo, creo que yo hubiera sido feliz siendo ama de casa, y dedicandome al cuidado de mi esposo y mis hijos. Soy extremadamente maternal, y me paso la vida cuidando de los demas en todo casi, asi que supongo que seria algo normal para mi, sin mas. La razon por la cual menciono esto, es porque estas fotos (a mi) me parecen un poco del estilo de los años 1940s. No es un look total de los 1940s, pero hay algo que tiene este look y el local donde hicimos las fotos, que me llevan a esa decada.


I think the choker gives the whole look a slightly more contemporary feel. It's actually my favourite choker. As always, I mix high-end with low-end a lot, and this outfit is exactly that. If you're wondering how my hair got so long, I was wearing my hair extensions. The same ones I've always had. I just hadn't worn them in ages because they were still dark brown until last week. I fell in love with this dress from the moment I saw it, and I was super excited when I realized it has pockets! The night I wore this outfit, I was going for big wavy hair, and it's almost what I got. I really want to gig in this dress. I need to get me a band together and start gigging again. This dress is so perfect for a blues gig! *sigh* 

El collar choker creo que le añade un aire mas contemporaneo a este look. En realidad, es mi choker favorito. Como siempre, mezclo cosas economicas con cosas de mas lujo, y este look es exactamente eso. Si os estais preguntando como consegui que me crezca tanto el pelo, son extensiones. Son las mismas que siempre he tenido, solo que hacia mucho que no me las podia poner porque seguian siendo marron oscuras, hasta la semana pasada. Me enamoré de este vestido a primera vista, y me super ilusioné cuando vi que tenia bolsillos. La noche que me puse este look, queria un cabello super voluminoso y ondulado - y es casi lo que logré. Tengo muchas ganas de cantar en este vestido. Necesito crear un grupo y ponerme a dar conciertos de nuevo. Este vestido es tan perfecto para un concierto de musica blues *suspiro*


OUTFIT DETAILSDress: H&M Spring Summer collection 2017 | Shoes: Chie Mihara | Bracelet: Evans | Love choker: Lefties (Photos by my friend Magally) 

There are so many things I've been putting on hold that I really want to take up again. Singing is one of those things. You can hear me sing by CLICKING HERE and HERE.

Don't forget, I started up a brand new facebook page, since I lost access to my first one. CLICK HERE to go straight there and click like for regular updates on my blog and Instagram posts.  

If you missed my previous post you can CLICK HERE to see it. It's called LA DOLCE VITA. I'm so obsessed with all things italian at the moment, and that outfit was inspired by D&G's spring and summer advertising campaign, so it's a real reflection of that.  







Post a Comment

Popular Posts