CHUECA FASHION SHOW

 
Today I went to a small fashion show in Chueca. For those of you who don't know much about Madrid, Chueca is vaguely like Soho in London, in that it's most famous for being the 'gay area' of Madrid. There's always cool and interesting stuff going on in Chueca. Today felt like it was the perfect opportunity to wear something I had made myself again. In this case, it was the skirt. If you are familiar with my blog, you will have seen it before. I made it about a year ago or so, - after months of wanting an african print inspired skirt, but not being able to afford one from any of the shops. I had been wanting to 'colour block' this skirt for the longest time, and in this forty-degree-plus weather, it seemed like the perfect time to wear something that looks cute to me, without roasting like a chicken. The struggle is real people! The boob tube is big on me, hence all the creasing, but that's OK. I'll just take it in one of these days. At the end of this post are a few of the photos I took of the actual fashion show, and a little info about why I have been MIA again of late.


Boob tube - Dorothy Perkins (old)
Skirt - Made by me / DIY
Clutch - I can't remember where I bought it from (old)
Sandals - Random shop in my area


Finally, I've been MIA of late once more, but that's because I've been focusing most of my efforts on doing things I've been wanting to do for years, and hadn't got round to doing them. On this list of things I've finally taken up, is Yoga, Belly dancing, and Horse-Riding - amongst other things. So far, horse-riding is my favourite thing. It's kind of in my blood since my great-grandfather was an avid horse rider. Sadly, he fell off one of his horses and it paralyzed him for the rest of his days, so my mother never allowed me to go horse-riding as a child; no matter how much I begged and pleaded. Apparently I'm also a bit of a natural and I have excellent posture. My only struggle is the initial getting on the horse, and then getting off the horse, but I'm working on it. I went on a nocturnal horse riding trip first, and then a a few days later I had my first actual lesson, and now I can't wait to go back for more lessons! I've actually thought about turning my blog into a bit of a lifestyle blog, but the lack of anonymity puts me off. Since I've brought it up, here are a few photos of my horse riding experience. Hopefully soon I'll be able to get some decent photos of me actually on the horse. There is something truly beautiful about this sport, and trusting the horse. And for someone like me, who has issues with trust, I think this sport can really help me over come that.

I highly encourage you to take up that thing you always wanted to do. Trust me, you will not live to regret it!


Until next time! xox




 

Post a Comment

Popular Posts