Dinner Date Make-Up


I don't wear makeup everyday, - (especially when I do not have an impeccably hair free face - Not that I look like a monkey or anything, lol). In fact, on most days, I don't wear any makeup at all. But I had made plans for dinner yesterday evening, and I knew I was going to have to go straight there from work. I wanted to make an effort, but wasn't going to have much time to mess around with makeup between work and dinner, so I got all dolled up first thing in the morning. My only regret, is not having enhanced my beauty spot on my upper lip which I love so, so very much! Despite being a bit rusty on my makeup skills these days, I still got tons of compliments and questions about how I achieved this look. I also got quite a few Instagram likes, so I decided to do a whole post on it. Anyway, without rambling on too much more, here are more photos of this make up look.


LIST OF PRODUCTS USED:

FOUNDATION:
L'Oréal Paris Nude Magique Eau de Teint (100 Porcelain) - This is my personal holy grail foundation
Chanel Vitalumière Compact Doucer (20 Beige)

EYES:
Urban Decay Naked Basics palette (Shades used - Venus, W.O.S/Walk of Shame, Naked 2 and faint)
Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette (Shades used - Buzz, Blackheart)
DiorShow Maximizer Lash Pumping Serum
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Mascara
Springfield Cosmetics EyeLiner

BROWS:
Bobbi Brown eye-shadow for brows (Mahogany)
(Applied using the Bobbi Brown Angled Eye Definer brush)

LIPS:
KIKO Precision Lip Pencil (311)
Clinique Chubby Stick moisturizing lip colour balm (07 Super Strawberry)

CHEEKS/BLUSH:
L'Oréal Paris Le Blush (165, Rose Bonne Mine, Rosy Cheeks)
Flomar Metallic Eye Shadow (I can't find a name or number on the packaging which is without doubt a colour reference, but it's a really bright pink, almost like a hot pink. You'll see it when I make the video)

I know that listing the products like this, doesn't really tell you anything, so I will also try my best to make a video recreating this look, - especially since I finally have the Canon EOS 700D, (which I can't shut up about!). I took the very first photo above using my iPhone (for Instagram), and I took the photos below that one, using my new Canon EOS 700D with the kit lense. I looked into the 50mm lens which so many people keep raving on about, and frankly, the difference is minimal, and in my opinion, not worth getting. I am sort of starting to regret not getting the camera kit that came with two lenses, because that kit had a second lens which zoomed in much further. I had the money (which made a nice change), but I decided that since I am not a voyeur, or a member of the paparazzi, that much zoom wasn't going to be of much use to me, so I opted to get the kit that only came with one lens and spend the remainder of that money on other things which are more important, like a top quality memory card and protective accessories. For now I am going to focus on learning more about photography in general, as well as learning more about how to use my new camera to it's full potential. I am on the look out for photography courses, and a few photographers have offered to exchange one-to-one photography classes, for one-to-one English classes. Sounds like a fair exchange, but the problem is, finding the time! It'll happen though. And I will share photography tips I will learn with you on here as well.




Post a Comment

Popular Posts