UNICA PLUS DRESS (Review)


ENGLISH 

(Spanish coming soon)

Hello Beauties

I hope you have had a brilliant week so far. I can't believe it's thursday already! This week has just flown by! I'm feeling a lot better today than I did the other day. I'm looking forward to the future, though not for any particular reason, other than I have faith that good things await me. I'm also really excited about a visit from one of my oldest and dearest friends since childhood coming down to Madrid to spend a few days with me, all the way from London, (of course). So it's all smiles today from me today.

Speaking of which, today I bring you my third installment of my items to review for Unica Plus, - an on-line plus size clothes shop based in Barcelona. (It all seems to be going on in Barcelona). This dress is my favourite of the three things they sent me as gifts to review, and naturally, I was saving the best for last! I actually took these photos a day or two ago, but I was really unhappy with them, so I'd been putting off posting them. Afterall, I want to showcase my favourite dress in the best possible light. - But that's just it! The lighting was atrocious, and no matter where I positioned myself, everything seemed to be working against me. Uf. 

Fast forward a few days, and the pictures don't seem so terrible anymore. Granted, my face looks odd in most of these photos, but I've included some close-up photos of my hair and makeup (which I posted on Instagram first), to give you ladies a better look at that. 

I wanted to go very eighties with this, but not 'punk' or 'barbie' (as I say). I guess I got it right since all my friends have told me I look very 80s in these photos. 

As for the dress. It's beautiful. It's not transparent. It has sleeves (for those of you who have issues with your arms). I'm quite tall, so it comes up a bit short on me, but on the average woman it would be about knee length. It has a cute 'criss-cross' detail going on the back, as you will be able to see in the photos below. It's also high enough for you to wear a bra without exposing your bra. (That's always a good thing). 

I got my huge hair, by curling it with the Bablyliss Curl Secret, and then combing it up and out with a wide tooth comb. I should have used more hairsrpay to keep the volume up for much longer though. Oh well, We all live and learn I guess. LOL 

You can see the other items I reviewed for Unica Plus by clicking HERE and HERE.

Once again, I want to bring home, that an overall look, is mostly influenced by your choice of accessorize, hairstyle, and makeup style, than the clothes. I am tempted to start creating completely different looks using the same clothes on my blog, a sort re-mix thing, but all in one post, almost how I used to do in the very beginning of my blog. And now, without further a do, here are those dreadful photos which no longer seem so awful, LOL.



Thanks for stopping by!
xox

Post a Comment

Popular Posts