CHARMING


Hello my lovelies! 

I know. I know. I've been quite MIA lately. So much has been going on. The biggest thing is that I have moved and am still kind of in the process of moving actually. (The photo above is my new 'study corner' which I am still in the process of setting up in my new house).

 I was so happy living where I was living for many months, until my old housemates moved out, and new ones moved in. One turned out to be excruciatingly dirty but never took responsibility for her filthy ways, and the other one turned out to be conflictive and a liar who would put words into other people's mouth which other people never said. And those two were friends, which didn't help. I could go on, but why bore you? Even after I had started the move, the conflictive housemate continued to be conflictive. On one of my daily trips to the house to pack things and take what I could myself (before hiring out the removal van and man), I accidentally broke one of my glasses.





As you can see from the photos, it cracked funny, so there were lots of really big and really tiny pieces as a result. I cleaned up all that I could find and binned it. 

Then I left a note to the existing flatmates, letting them know - although I cleaned up all the scattered glass I found. I left the note to be nice. I think this is a fairly normal, thoughtful and responsible thing to have done. It seems not, as once again this led to conflict, as the photo below demonstrates. 


For those of you who don't speak spanish here is a translation: 

ME: (In black writing): Careful. Glass has been broken here today.

CONFLICTIVE HOUSEMATE: (In the green writing): 
So much english and no f-ing idea of spanish.

I have to say, I wasn't expecting that. I know my spanish is almost-native but at times funny; and I also knew the girl liked trouble, but to go looking for trouble where there is none to be found? Seriously. It just confirms what an immature and angry person she is. Needless to say, I didn't bother replying to the note. What was the point? I wasn't going to fuel a fight over nothing. It seems I spent crystal wrong. Apparently it's spelt with an 'i', not a 'y'. Regardless of if she had a point or not though, she was rude and simply exposing her ignorance. There is absolutely no reason for me to speak or write spanish flawlessly. I was not born or raised in a spanish speaking country, nor did I ever go to spanish school. I was BORN and RAISED in LONDON, England. I am ENGLISH. My first and native language is ENGLISH. And I speak, read and write brilliant spanish for a non-native person who is 'almost' native. Seriously, I am so glad to be out! 

And the best thing about my new apartment? 

The closet! 

It's massive!!! 

(Please excuse the mess. I was still unpacking)


I am still sewing, but I can't get back into sewing until I have the apartment really organised. I just can't be creative in a messy environment, and I am currently surrounded by boxes and stuff. 

Oooh. Apparently I am in the Navabi Curvy Blog Award 2013. I've noticed a few bloggers 'advertise' their participation, but I have no recollection of entering myself. I know I won't win, but if you want, you are welcome to vote for me, lol. 

I hope to be back with an OOTD post soon, although right now, my main priority is to organise my new place, amongst a few other personal things. I promise to keep you updated though.

All my love, 

Bex 

xxx 
2 comments

Popular Posts