Confirmation-dress hunt...

So. I am about to be confirmed in May. 

Up until about a week ago it was very clear to me that I wanted a white or cream dress, in a 50s style cut, with the bottom half in tulle, and I was going to have it custom made. At the same time though, I didn't want to look like a bride or a merengue. - And I certainly didn't want to look like a snow monster either. Then some friends made me realize how unrealistic I was being, so plan B came into action. Which means I am now stalking as many plus size retailers as possible every chance  get, to find something I love for my confirmation, - which won't make me look like a bride at best, or a snow monster at worse! 

So today, since I am home poorly, I am making the most of my on-line confirmation dress hunt! And here is some of what has tickled my fancy so far... 

Remember, I still want a soft, girly, romantic finish... 

I am completely, totally, and utterly in love with this Asos Curve dress in the nude. (I don't like it as much in the red). The only problem is, that I suspect it will be too low cut on me, and the length is obviously too short for a church ceremony. I also have no intention of wearing this with leggings or trousers (as a long top/tunic). It is very clear to me that I at least want to wear a dress, at the very least. - Although I do think it would make a stunning tunic for another event!



I like this lace insert prom dress from simply be. My only hang up is that the lace detail forces me to wear a strapless bra, and I also don't want to go sleeveless... 
(Click here to see it on the website) 

I also have a confirmation-inpsiration bit on pintrest. 

I haven't been signing into pintrest of looking at anything on there recently, but looking at my list now, I guess a lot of it does looking more like a wedding-inspiration, that confirmation-inspiration... Except the necklaces!

My number one preference was this:


Trying not to look like a bride in that, won't be easy!

You can see the rest of my list here.

But there are still looks in my list that I love anyway... 

Dresses...










Accessories...




Hairstyles... 




Oh! And the cake! LOL 


Well, here's to hoping that I don't look like a bride, while still achieving that soft, girly, pastel-tone romantic feel!
2 comments

Popular Posts