Black, White and Red

 
Yes, I know this is a picture-heavy post, and no, I am not some self-centred, ego-centric, clueless bimbo who doesn't know better than to post twenty-two photos in a single post! (Yes, there are twenty two photos here). I just couldn't decide which photos to use, so I decided to post all of them. 

I know black and white is meant to be big right now, but to be perfectly honest, I am not a fan of black and white colour outfit combos in general, - as I think you can run the risk of looking a bit waitressy, predictable, 'safe', boring or just downright dull and unadventerous. I think that's why I threw some subtle red into the mix, and I think I can safely say I don't look I am wearing a waitress' uniform...

You may or may not know that I am working less hours this year, and so my wages are a lot less than they were last year. Wierdly enough, I'm on the lowest wages I have ever been on, but I also at my happiest. (Sorry, - have I mentioned that before? It's just sickeningly true)! However, this means I have to be extra cauticious with my out-goings, and no matter how much I love spending my money on clothes, (and accessories), I have to be very self-disciplined and hold back a lot of the time these days! Luckily for me though, the sales have been very kind to me this year, and I already have enough clothes 'hoarded' as it is, to be able to not repeat entire outfits, and to also put things together in such a way that if I see something I like in the shops, but can't really afford to buy it, I can just go home, and with a bit of imagination and some DIY tweaking, I can create an outfit which is very similar to whatever it is I can't afford to purchase. And that is kind of what happened today. 

I spotted this cute dress on Asos Curve:


It's being sold for 47,20€, and I think it's a pretty cute piece. It's simple, classic and timeless. It's also true that it doesn't exactly cost a huge amount of money, - but on my wages, it might as well be a small fortune! However, not to fret! I recently invested in lots of basic tops which hide my cleavage neatly (aka: work friendly tops for when it gets warmer), and one of those tops happened to be the the striped one featured in this post! - And I don't mean to blow my own horn here, but I think my two-piece outfit looks better and is much more flattering than the dress Asos Curve is selling. Just goes to show that when there's a will, there's a way! I haven't had to spend more money than I need to, but I can still manage to wear outfits that I like and which are very me. 

 And since I can't really afford to buy too many new clothes at the moment, I have been investing in lots of accessories in the sales lately; because accessories really do have the power to transform an entire outfit in an instant; but I shall tell you more about that another day...

It's also very true that style isn't so much about your clothes, but the way you accessorise, and your overall attitude. How you carry yourself has a lot to do with style too! 

Oh, and just for the record, no! I don't dress up to blog. I dress to live, and then I share my outfits with you here on my blog. 

Today I wore this outfit to go have hot chocolate with a friend. It's cold, windy and a little rainy out, so some fabulous company and hot chocolate was nothing less than welcome!


As for my hair and eye-brows... I cut my fringe a few weeks back partly because I am 'growing out' my eyebrows. So far it seems to be doing a good job of hiding my currently 'shapeless' eyebrows. - That's one way for us self-conscious women to walk around with untamed eye-brows should you feel the need to improve your eye-brow shape. I am also in desperate need of a facial in the very near future... Tsk tsk! 

* * *

Top - H&M (XL) New 19.99
Skirt - New Look Inspire (Size 26) £19.99 £9.00
Spikey necklace - Atocha station jewellery stall - 3
Floral Scarf - Zara 

* * *

Do you have any similar money-saving style tips?
I'd love to hear them!

Until next time sweeties,
Much Luv'
xxx 
4 comments

Popular Posts