OOTN (plus Hair and Make-up): Farewell, my dear and beautiful friend...

On sunday night I went to a Galician restaurant in the centre of Madrid with a small group of friends, to say farewell to one of them. It was a joyous affair filled with excellent sea food, great wine and lots of giggles! I won´t bore you with any further details though, so I´ll fast forward to what I wore...

My hair and make-up was 70s inspired, and seeing as I dont wear this much make-up usually, and I have yet to do a make-up post, I thought I´d start from head to toe with this post!

Hair and make-up...

I washed and conditioned my hair, before blow drying it straight. (I have another post up about how I do that bit). Then I re-divided my hair in sections, and ran my flat iron through it to get it this straight and silky smooth. (Oh, and cut my own fringe myself a few days before).


I wore a very, very small amount of foundation all over my face, and a very light shade of concealer under the eyes, but again, very, very little of it. Then I applied L´Oreal double extension mascara, Sephora liquid eye-liner (adding a bit of a line to create a "cat" eye), an almost white colour eye shadow on the lower bit of my top eye-lid, and then orange (yes, orange) on the outer tips of the eyes, which I blended in with the white. Then some blusher, and orangey coloured lipgloss mixed in with pinkish-redish lipstick. Oh! And black pencil eye-liner for the lower line. Sometimes I might go over that beauty spot just above my lip with a brown pencil, but this time I didn´t. - I also replaced my "pearl" studs for a bigger more dangly pair of earrings! I was actually a "giant-earrings-whore" back in the day! I just don´t wear those of earrings anymore... Normally...

Now...
 The clothes...

I got the cream top from Momu, on sale, for just 3 euros over the summer! I actually didnt like this top all that much when I first saw it, but an old friend of mine who was in Madrid visiting me from London in June, instantly fell in love with it, and bought it for herself. When I saw how she worked with it, I became curious. When I saw it was selling at only 3 euros a few weeks later in the sales, I thought it wouldn´t hurt to get it and experiment with it; and if it didn´t work, it was no biggy! It only cost 3 euros, so it wouldn´t be the end of the world for me if it ended up being part of my "House-wear" clothes, lol! What makes this top "interesting", is the padding detail on the shoulders... It also has a "string" on the back, so you can adjust the width on the neck-line. On sunday night though, I wanted it wide enough to fall off the shoulder...




I teamed it up with a floral skirt I got from Zara a few weeks ago for only 10 euros. I wore it for the first time the previous week end to go to another friends birthday party, but with a black top instead!

This is a close up of the skirt pattern...
I don´t think the black leggings (worn as tights) and the dark brown cowboy boots really work with this outfit! Natural coloured tights and lighter brown boots would have worked much better in my opinion, but I was working with what I had to hand at the time, lol. And judging from the looks, (and approaches), I got both to and from the restaurant, as well as in the restaurant, I´d say this look was a hit, lol. And I don´t even dress to impress!

Until next time,
Much luv,

Rebequita Rose

xoxoxoxoxoxox
1 comment

Popular Posts