OOTD: Frugal Friday & Mad Hatter Love!!

I love, love, LOVE, fancy dress! - In fact, yesturday I was running around dressed up as the Mad Hatter from "Alice in Wonderland".

Yes ma´am!



The Costume...

Using only items which I already own and wear as "normal" clothes, (except for the tie), I originally came up with two potential outfit choices for this costume.



I went with choice B as it was far more chaotic than choice A, and chaos seemed like an appropriate order for the Mad Hatter... Personally, I think the overall result was more a cross between Mad Hatter, Mary Poppins and a clown, but maybe that´s just me... (?)

The Make-Up...

The only make-up I wore was bright pink blush (which is actually eye-shadow worn as blusher) and drawn on freckles (using a black eye-liner pencil).



As I was imitating a male character, I didn´t wear any other sort of make-up at all to avoid looking too girly... but perhaps bright pink shiny cheeks, and super-sized Pippy Long Stocking style freckles, was not the most masculine choice of make-up looks either, lol!


THE HAT:

I literally just safety pinned lots of different colour flowers on one-side my white trilby hat.



Some are brouches and some are hair accessories. The hair accessory ones I clipped onto safety pins that I had placed on the hat. I had a few people tell me that they thought my hat with all the flowers on it was fine to go out in! I´m not sure its me though... lol

Just for the record...

I don´t habitually walk around pretending to be a man, or imitating ficticious characters from childrens books! lol. However, I thought I would share this with you because I think its fun, and it didn´t cost me a penny! PLUS! I am thinking I should probably try and be this creative with my regular everyday outfits, and try to "customize" things much more!

And finally, last but not least, THANK YOU to everyone who reads and comments on my blog, as well as those who have joined my facebook group for this blog. There are already over 100 members which I think is great, considering my blog is very, very new! THANK YOU!

Well, that´s all from me for now thought.

Until next time,

Take care my lovelies!

Much love, Rebequita Rose

xx

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Costume Breakdown:
Plain white top / Black waistcoat / Grey Jacket / Red and white chequered pyjama bottoms / Brown cowboy boots / Pink and purple striped tie (lent to me) / White trilby hat decorated with flowers / Cream and black umbrella from ZARA
Post a Comment

Popular Posts