Beautiful Blog Award & Sugar Doll Award - PLUS - 10 random facts about me...

I recieved a beautiful blog award and Sugar Doll Award from The Pale and Pallor Princess on 7th May, but I haven´t gotten round to re-spreading the love just yet!



This is my first ever blogger award - remember, my blog is just a baby - so I am very flattered! - Thank you so much for including me in your list of winners! I personally love The Pale and Pallor Princess ´s blog. She´s a gorgeous girl with great style, so make sure you check out and follow her fantastic blog!

And now to businness...! -

Beautiful Blogger Award rules:
- thank the person(s) who nominated you and give a link to their blog
- copy the award and paste it to your blog.
- pass this award on to 15 fantastic bloggers you have discovered.
- contact your nominees and let them know they've won.

Sugar Doll Award Rules:
1) Thank and link the person who gave you the award.
2) Pass this award onto fabulous bloggers of your choice.
3) Contact said blogs and let them know they've won.
4) Re-post and state 10 things about yourself.

My 15 blogger awards go to: (in no specific order) - Click on the blog titles to see the blog itself!

- Beautilicious.fashionista
- Big Beautiful Mess
- Le Blog de Letilor
Saks in the City
- Bargain Fatshionista
- The Red Rosette
- French for Cupcake
- Jasifer Lions Club
- Frocks & Frou Frou
- Embrace your curves
- Dollface is Candysweet
- YFF : Young Fat and Fabulous
- Soundbites : Ramblings of a recovering Food Junkie
- Le Blog de Big Beauty
- LoveNati

I love all these womens blogs for different reasons! There are more bloggers out there who I also love though!

Oh... Before I forget!

Ten random facts about me...

1. I have always loved to read... Oh, and write!

2. I´m acutally very shy, although most people assume that I must be this really popular out-going person (who I have never, ever been), whilst others simply confuse my shyness with unfriendliness until they get to know me.

3. I haven´t always felt comfortable in my own skin, so to speak. I used to hate being big when I was younger, especially after really gaining a lot of weight in my late teens when I gave up ballet dancing. However, once I stoppped hating on myself for being fat, (especially after stumbling across the size acceptance movement and seeing pictures of all these stunning plus models), I felt truly liberated and have never looked back.


4. My first passion has always been music. I am happiest when singing and songwriting. Right now, I desperately miss having my own band, and gigging like I used to do when I lived in London. I also really miss my piano...

5. I´ve been on TV many times. My "biggest" TV "moment" however, was playing an arab princess called Fatima on ITV´s popular show, Ant and Dec´s Saturday Night Takeaway, playing a prank on singer Lemar. They made me wear padding all over to make me look much bigger than I was, fake buck teeth, and glasses, and then the make-up artiste covered my face in pretend blemishes, etc - which was great fun for me to do at the time! My character´s dad and his employee, (both played by Ant and Dec) were playing cupid between Lemar and Fatima (me). Fatima had to have a foreign accent and be as rude to Lemar as possible - who was a complete gentleman back! A few of my friends who were Lemar fans were jealous (in a good way) that I got to meet, talk to and work with Lemar, but in hindsight I´m not so sure I am happy to have accepted that role purely because it was a very negative portrayal of plus size girls. They made my character look bad, "ungroomed" and to behave rudely, so of course Lemar wasn´t going to fancy Fatima... Probably not so much because she was fat, but because she was downright rude and supposedly, she (I), told him that she was only 14 years old!

6. Not long after being taken on as a Plus Size Fashion Model by a modelling agency in London, I entered the first ever Miss Naked Beauty beauty contest on channel 4 (back in London), hosted by Gok Wan and Mylene Klass, (and yes, I got to meet both of them), but I had no idea it was going to be called that, or that the show would involve any sort of nudity. We were told it was called something like Miss Natural Beauty if my memory serves me right, and they were casting for real, natural, beautiful confident women of different shapes, sizes, etc. I believe there were originally about seventeen thousand, or twenty thousand applicants, and I got down to the last hundred after passing the first three stages of the casting process, (which did not involve nudity). I didn´t make it down the last 25, but I can´t say I was upset, as I know that if I had still been in the contest when the show´s true name was revealed later on, I know I would have walked away from the whole thing as there was no way I was going to get naked! Sorry! - I knew that the girl who won would win though, as she was absolutely stunning naturally, she had a magic about her as a person in general, and was really nice, sweet and fun to hang out with during the show.  - However, I later heard the show had gotten terrible reviews, a few of the girls who competed came out in the media expressing their discontent with the show and the way the whole thing was handled, and a lot of my friends who did see the show and read the reviews were like, "Thank God you didn´t get through to the next round!" I personally can´t comment on the show though, as I never watched it because I was at work when it was on. I do agree though that it was very misleading (and even unnecessay) to not reveal the show´s true name from the very begining!

7. Most people assume I am white, but I acutally not. I am actually half spanish-white, and half venezuelan-mestizo. Mestizo simply means mixed-raced, but its a very latinamerican term, and its exact meaning has changed with time. (Find out a bit more here) Still, I think of myself as english first, venezuelan second, and spanish last, eventhough I don´t have a drop of english blood in me, I have never lived in Venezuela and I now live in Spain. Sometimes nurture really counts for more than nature, I guess...

8. I have met a lot of famous people in my life, but have never really felt star struck. - Two of the famous people I would love to meet are Marilyn Monroe and Ghandi. Unfortunately, both are dead.

9. Growing up, I used to wish I had brothers and sisters. I kind of still do sometimes, but I consider my friends to be the siblings God never gave me. This is whý I like the idea of having a really big family in the future. I´ll let you know how many children I want to have after I give birth to the first one though, as I hear childbirth is usually somewhat painful... hehe!

10. My friends tell me I have a contagious laugh, eyes and a smile that can light up an entire room and that I am the bravest person they know. I don´t agree with the latter two.

And that my lovelies, is it. You now know ten very random things about me that you probably didn´t know before...

Thank you once again to The Pale and Pallor Princess for your award!

Much luv, hugs and kisses,

Rebequita Rose

xoxoxox
3 comments

Popular Posts