About me

WELCOME!!

Who I am...

I´m Rebequita, a 20-something year old, plus size, image conscious girl. I currently live in Madrid, the capital of Spain, although originally I am from London, England, where I was born and raised. My family is Venezuelan and Spanish, which explains my looks and why I am bilingual.

My "stats"...

I am 5´7" and a half (1.75), and a dress size 16+. I have been bigger and I have been smaller, although I make it a rule to never diet.

Hair and make-up...

I love hair and make-up, and yes, I do do my own hair and make-up, so I might do the odd beauty thing on here, but I want the main focus to be on clothes. I don´t always wear make-up, or very much of it, but I almost always make the effort with my hair. This is because my hair is naturally very curly, but tends to have a life of its own, so needs to be tamed!

My Style...

I don´t really have a set style. I am just as happy in a pair of plain, baggy old jeans, as I am a gorgeous eye-catching cocktail dress. In fact, people often comment on how varied and unpredictable my look is, literally, from one day to the next. I´m also not one to particularly follow the latest trends, although I do adopt elements of them.

I am currently really into vintage and pin-up, although its not a look I tend to go for on a daily basis.

Budget...

Dressing "cheap" doesn´t necessarily have to look cheap. Very often its about how you wear things, rather than what you wear. Generally speaking, I tend to avoid buying clothes that are really, really expensive as I can be quite fickle with my tastes, and I don´t like repeating clothes on a regular basis. However, if I really like something, and I think I will definately wear it over and over again for a reasonable amount of time, I don´t mind spending a bit more on it.

A few of the things I am always more than happy to spend a bit extra on, are whites, light blues, and anything with an animal print, as these are a few things that can easily look cheap and trashy.

My favourite places to shop in Madrid at the moment...

...Zara, H&M, El Corte Inglés, Promod, Linea Cero, Tintorreto, Momu, and a few "chinos".

Shoes...

I am really not a shoe girl at all. When it comes to my feet, comfort will always, always, always come first! I am perfectly happy having just one or two pairs of (usually flat) shoes that will match with everything.

Inspirations...

I am inspired by other beautiful plus size women who love and embrace their curves. Those who understand that being fat does make one a second class citizen. That being fat is not always a reflection of bad health and/or laziness, and it certainly does not mean that we cannot dress how we want to dress! - And yes, I use the word fat very liberally. Its not a word I particularly have hang ups about. I appologize in advance if anyone finds that harsh or offensive.

Finally...

I am very new to blogging, so please be patient with me. I am still figuring out how this whole thing works. Also, like I said before, I am bilingual and I do live in Spain now, so one of my goals is to translate all my blogs from english to Spanish and vice-versa.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Post a Comment

Popular Posts